Bafetimbi Gomis extended his contract

France striker Bafetimbi Gomis has extended his contract at St Etienne on June 2012.

The 22-year-old scored 16 goals that ASSE qualified for the UEFA Cup during last season and was delighted to extend his time at the club.

Www.asse.fr He said: "I am very happy to stay at St Etienne and extend my adventure with my club trainer.

"I hope to be able to claim a place in the Champions League with the Greens.

"My priority has always been to stay at St Etienne and it was important for me to sort out my personal position before the start of Euro 2008."

Coach Laurent Roussey added: "We are all very happy. Bafe is an important part of our team.

"The fact that it remains with us and that the leaders of what was needed, shows that Saint-Etienne have the ambition."

Gomis was a surprise inclusion in Raymond Domenech France's provisional team for Euro 2008 and earned his place in the final 23 with two goals on debut against Ecuador.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

0 comments: