Vanderlei Luxemburgo said he is unlikely to quit the Real Madrid

Palmeiras coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo has announced that it is unlikely to leave Brazil giants to french Lyon.

The reign of seven times Ligue 1 champions have been openly looking for someone to succeed current coach Alain Perrin, with the Brazilian media linking Luxembourg with a move to France.

But the former Brazil and Real Madrid coach insists he wants to stay at Palmeiras.

"I think it would be very difficult for me to leave Palmeiras. My contract runs until the end of next year, with several clauses, and I am happy here, "said Luxemburgo.

"I am happy with the money invested on the team, projects to build a stadium and renew the academy football, my salary is excellent and I am identified with the club and supporters.

"I like everything. My feelings tell me, I will not stop. "

Luxemburgo said club supporters and administrators should not punish him for listening to offers.

"I'm not going to come here and say that I will not leave Palmeiras only because fans and advisers are not satisfied," he said.

"You can be sure that I am 100% responsible in my work at the club because I always do the same at any club."

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

0 comments: