Real Madrid interested in Stephan Lichtsteiner

LILLE, June 5 (Ligue 1) - Real Madrid are interested in signing Lille defender Stephan Lichtsteiner, according to reports in France.

The 24 years, currently preparing for Euro 2008 with co-hosts Switzerland, refused to sign an extension to his deal with the french club, which should expire in 2009.

He said french newspaper L'Equipe on Thursday he was "honored" to generate interest from Spanish champions, but insisted on ideas of a movement were out of bounds after the Championship of Europe.

"I am proud and honoured that a club like Real is interested in me," he said.

"But my priority is the championship of Europe. I'll leave my brother (also his agent) to cope with all this."

Lichtsteiner played a key role in Lille this season as they finished seventh in Ligue 1.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

0 comments: